Campus c-store convenience retailers awarded for superior operations.
The following are the 1st place winners of the 2012 “Best in the Business” campus convenience/retail competition:
• New Store Design Innovation: University of Northern Colorado – Munchy Mart, Submitted by: Hal Brown, Director of Dining Services. For more on Munchy Mart visit CSD‘s March profile story: http://www.csdecisions.com/2012/03/09/munchy-mart-meeting-student-demands/
• Updating Your Existing C-Store: Syracuse University – South Campus Express,
Submitted by: Keone Weigl, Promotions Coordinator.
• The Hybrid C-Store: University of Akron - Zee’s Quaker,
Submitted by: Heather Piper, General Manager Retail.
• Merchandising in Your Retail Venues: University of Dayton – The Emporium; Submitted by: Mary Eilbeck, General Manager, Marycrest Dining Services.
• Retail Loss Prevention Best Practices: Boise State University – Bits N Bytes C3.
• In the category of Merchandising in Your Retail Venues: Brigham Young University – The Creamery on Ninth East (CONE) Submitted by: Chris Justice, Marketing Manager.
“Out of the Box” Ideas
New in 2012, we also recognize the following schools for an individual “Out of the Box” idea uncovered during the contest: Miami University, Market Street at McCracken; Kent State University, Eastway Market and Deli; University of Wisconsin-Madison, Union South Badger Market; and Texas Tech University, Sam’s Express.